The Ashihara Karate Kata
Ashihara Karate Kata are based on basic control techniques. The Kata unlike that of any other style are directly applicable to real fighting situations making them rather unique. There are five Kata types,
* Beginners Kata - Shoshinsha no Kata
* Basic Kata - Kihon no Kata
* Throwing Kata - Nage no Kata
* Sparring Kata - Kumite no Kata
* Real Fighting Kata - Jissen no Kata
In the above Kata forms there are three types of patterns, Short Distance, Middle Distance and Long Distance. Each Kata can be used for solo combination practice or with a partner as control technique training. This school focuses on the application aspect of the kata.